Monday, December 1, 2008

Week 13 Readings and Muddiest Point

No Place to Hide: I am pleasantly surprised to see that such a group exists. I often wonder exactly how mch of my personal information is visible to "the powers that be". Due to all the activities I pursue that require personal information, i am sure that there are extensive records of everything I do. It is clear to me that, under conditions such as those instated by the patriot act, my privacy has been weighed against national security interests.

http://www.epic.org/privacy/profiling/tia/: This website furthers the beliefs articulated by "no place to hide". It seems as though everyone feels safer under such restrictions. I have, however, been asking myself how often someone is falsely accused of terrorist or other harmful activities. Is there any way to document an accuracy rate?

Youtube video: Unable to access due to copyright restrictions.

Muddiest Point:

Of late, I have understood the content of our classes completely. Accordingly, I have used my "muddiest point" as an opportunity to ask topical questions. i am wondering if there is an "anti-weblog" movement in the library community. IS there a group of librarians strongly opposed to their use? This is interesting to me because I cannot se any visible "cons".

No comments: